The bottom line is this, you need to support and strengthen your immune system on a daily basis not just because of COVID, but because heart disease, cancer and dozens of other things that can kill you.
I am not one of those people who think that the COVID-19 coronavirus and its various variants are a hoax, far from it. My friend and former street preacher Mark Bennett died of COVID pneumonia last Friday, and my former pastor is fighting it right now. Our local Florida hospitals are filled with COVID-19 Delta patients as I write this. But I have seen God spare my life multiple times over the years when I easily could have died, and didn’t, and in the midst of this crisis I will again entrust my care and safety into His more than capable hands.
“Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5 (KJB)
No, I am also not one of those people that shun modern medicine, I think it is valid and has its place in emergency situations like raging infections, cardiopulmonary issues and the like. But Big Pharma has no answer of any kind of how to keep you healthy, of how to boost the immune system God has placed inside of you, or even how to properly use vitamin and mineral supplements. So with that in mind, I want to share with you what I do on a daily basis to keep myself strong and healthy. None of it will hurt you and will only help you to strengthen yourself against COVID or any other disease.
- MAGNESIUM: I take between 400-600mgs daily of magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate in various forms. Low magnesium intake is linked to chronic inflammation, which is one of the drivers of aging, obesity and chronic disease. In one study, children with the lowest blood magnesium levels were found to have the highest levels of the inflammatory marker CRP. Alcohol depletes your body of this vital, necessary mineral, so read Proverbs 20:1 and quit drinking.
- GARLIC: Every day I take right around 1,800mgs of Kyolic Aged Garlic, and like magnesium, garlic is one of those relatively cheap ‘wonder drugs’ that can do amazing things for your health. Garlic supplements are known to boost the function of the immune system. One large, 12-week study found that a daily garlic supplement reduced the number of colds by 63% compared to a placebo. It can also lower your blood pressure, protect against strokes and heart attacks, and detoxify your liver.
- VITAMIN C: Every day I take between 4-6,000mgs of Vitamin C, and the myriad health benefits are literally too numerous to mention. The main thing with Vitamin C is that like with all supplements, you need to take a quality complex form of it, and take enough of it on a regular basis to make a difference. The RDA ‘recommended allowance’ of 60mgs is a joke, you need way more than that.
- D3: Absolutely essential for about 100 different bodily functions, I take 5,000IUs daily, sometimes more if I am feeling stressed. Vitamin D3, also known as the “sunshine vitamin,” provides benefits throughout your body. As it circulates through your bloodstream, it aids in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which helps keep your bones strong. It’s involved in a healthy immune system, and it’s beneficial to mood, heart health, and even weight loss. You can get vitamin D from food and supplements, and your skin produces D3 when it’s exposed to sunlight.
- ZINC: Zinc is a vital mineral that your body uses in countless ways. In fact, zinc is the second-most-abundant trace mineral in your body — after iron — and is present in every cell. Zinc is necessary for the activity of over 300 enzymes that aid in metabolism, digestion, nerve function and many other processes. In addition, it’s critical for the development and function of immune cells. You don’t need large amounts of it, being a trace mineral, I take 50mgs daily.
- B COMPLEX: B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks of a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism. I take a 100mg dose daily.
- CoQ10: CoQ10 is a compound made by your body and stored in the mitochondria of your cells. The mitochondria are in charge of producing energy. They also protect cells from oxidative damage and disease-causing bacteria or viruses. CoQ10 production decreases as you age. Thus, older people seem to be deficient in this compound. I take 200mgs of CoQ10 every day to keep my heart strong, a virus like COVID puts a huge strain on your heart.
Those are the supplements, now let’s talk about food! Did you know that Bing cherries are a superfood that can cut way down on oxidative stress and inflammation in your body? One review found that eating cherries effectively reduced inflammation in 11 out of 16 studies and markers of oxidative stress in 8 out of 10 studies. Cherries are especially high in polyphenols, a large group of plant chemicals that help fight cellular damage, reduce inflammation, and promote overall health. When you are fighting a virus like COVID, inflammation is your enemy and you need to take steps to reduce your inflammation level as low as possible. After you add cherries to your diet, then go wild and start eating mangos, watermelon, blueberries and watch your health soar.
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.” Proverbs 3:5-8 (KJB)
Eat as much fruits and vegetables as you can stand to eat, not only for the fiber but for the nutritional storehouse they truly are. Try having steel cut oats for breakfast, poured over sliced bananas, blueberries and raspberries. Your body will love you for it. When you make your oatmeal, load it up with organic cinnamon because cinnamon can do amazing things in your body. Cinnamaldehyde, one of the main active components of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infection. Cinnamon oil has been shown to effectively treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi. It can also inhibit the growth of certain bacteria, including Listeria and Salmonella.
“Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.” Isaiah 58:8 (KJB)
Years ago, I got an infection under one of my fingernails and it swelled up hot and red. So I went to the doctor to get a course of antibiotics to get rid of it, but to my surprise, the antibiotics did not make the infection go away. The doctor was surprised as well, and gave me another round. And another round, and yet another round that did not do the trick. In desperation I tried cinnamon, lots and lots of cinnamon in my daily oatmeal. Less than 2 weeks later, my finger was completely healed. Cinnamon can work wonders in your body taken daily and in large enough amounts. Medicine is not always the answer, not by a long shot.
“Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” 2 John 1:2 (KJB)
The bottom line is this, you need to support and strengthen your immune system on a daily basis not just because of COVID, but because heart disease, cancer and dozens of other things that can kill you. If you’re saved, then you have the Holy Spirit inside you to lead you and guide you. God made fruits and vegetables to strengthen and nourish our bodies, fortify your body with the materials that God made. You are not helpless and you are not powerless as COVID is raging across the world, and don’t think for a second you are. You are a child of the King! Be proactive and start now to nourish and strengthen your body, you have an immune system so feed it. Most of all, throw yourself at the Lord’s feet and trust your care to His will for you in your life. If you can trust Him with your eternity, you can absolutely trust Him with your here and now, even in the time of COVID and all its variants.
Eat More Magnesium Foods and You’ll Feel a Lot Better
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last Days before the Rapture of the Church
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our WayGiver Funding page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 15,860+ people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 150,000+ followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 15,900 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our WayGiver Funding page