Facts that the Mormon Church Doesn’t Want You to Know
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. “ Galatians 1:8 (KJV)
Most of us have had a Mormon Missionary knock at our door. If you have ever invited them in and listened to a presentation of their beliefs, you probably found most but not all of what they said very similar to those beliefs held by Christians.
However, while trying to convince you that your Church is wrong and the Mormon Church is right, there are several points they intentionally leave out.
Mormon Secrets: What the Missionaries Don’t Tell
This clever animated presentation of Mormonism will make you laugh, but at the same time tell you exactly what Mormons believe and the truth of what Mormonism teaches.
Below is a list of Mormon beliefs the missionaries will be reluctant to tell you about:
- God was not always God – “We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see.” Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 345
- Jesus and Satan are brothers – “The appointment of Jesus to be the Savior of the world was contested by one of the other sons of God. He was called Lucifer, son of the morning. Haughty, ambitious, and covetous of power and glory, this spirit-brother of Jesus desperately tried to become the Savior of mankind.” Milton R. Hunter, Gospel Through the Ages, pg.15
- Jesus was a polygamist -“I discover that some of the Eastern papers represent me as a great blasphemer, because I said, in my lecture on Marriage, at our last Conference, that Jesus Christ was married at Cana of Galilee, that Mary, Martha, and others were his wives, and that he begat children.” (Orson Hyde, Journal of Discourses 2:210)The grand reason of the burst of public sentiment in anathemas upon Christ and his disciples, causing his crucifixion, was evidently based upon polygamy, according to the testimony of the philosophers who rose in that age. A belief in the doctrine of a plurality of wives caused the persecution of Jesus and his followers. We might almost think they were ‘Mormons'” Jedediah M. Grant, Journal of Discourses, 1:346
- Adam was God – “Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is Michael, the Archangel, the Ancient of Days! about whom holy men have written and spoken–He is our Father, and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do.” (Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses 1:50)”I have learned by experience that there is but one God that pertains to this people and he is the god that pertains to this earth–The first man. That first man sent his own son to redeem the world…”Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses 4:1
Mormon Spokesman Explains Why Blacks Aren’t Allowed In Priesthood (1973)
- Brigham Young said only polygamists become gods – “The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy.” Journal of Discourses 11:269)
- The bible cannot be trusted – “I believe the Bible as it read when it came from the pen of the original writers. Ignorant translators, careless transcribers, or designing and corrupt priests have committed many errors.” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph smith, pg.327)”But the Bible has been robbed of its plainness; many sacred books having been lost, others rejected by the Romish Church, and what few we have left, were copied and recopied so many times, that it is admitted that almost every verse has been corrupted and mutilated to that degree that any two of them read alike.” Orson Pratt, The Seer, pg.213
- You must accept Joseph Smith as a prophet to be saved – “There is “no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. The word “salvation,” used in this context, must really mean “exaltation” because former Mormon apostle Bruce R. McConkie stated in his book Mormon Doctrine that general salvation is given to everyone regardless of belief. Personal salvation or exaltation to the highest form of Mormon heaven comes only by accepting Joseph Smith as a prophet of god and by following the laws of the LDS church.” Tenth LDS President Joseph Fielding Smith in his book, Doctrines of Salvation
The Collapse of Mormonism: Why Millions Are No Longer Mormons
Print this page out and keep it handy the next time Mormons come to your door so you can ask them about any or all of the points we raise. And when you do, please write and let us know how they responded.
We will be happy to publish it in a followup article!