After President Obama’s 15-minute telephone call in September, 2013 with Iran’s new ‘moderate’ President Hassan Rouhani, Saeed was transferred to an even worse prison and suffers even more.
While Barack Hussein Obama endlessly sells his Iranian Nuclear Treaty deal to a brain-dead America public, there is something related to that he never likes to discuss. That at this very moment you are reading this article, 5 American citizens are held in dark, damp, rat-infested Iranian prison cells with no efforts being made to secure their release. One of those 5 men is a Christian pastor who is in jail for preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is an outrage! Why are there no marches on Washington? Why are no voices being raised from the Congress or the Senate? Why is Obama allowed to do whatever he wants whenever he wants to do it?
Obama angered by CBS reporter’s question about Americans held in Iran:
An obviously flustered Obama is first rendered speechless that someone from the American media had the nerve to ask him an actual question, then he is indignant that he has to answer it.
Meet the 5 American citizens currently held hostage in Iran that Obama refuses to acknowledge:
- Jason Rezaian a correspondent with the Washington Post. He is an American citizen who disappeared, along with his reporter wife ‘Yegi’ on July 22, 2014. His family and employer did not know his whereabouts for about a week, similar to how Saeed and Amir were snatched. They were both “detained” in Evin prison and placed in solitary confinement. Thankfully Yegi was released on bail and remained in Iran to help with her husbands legal matters. Jason is an experienced reporter who knows the rules and understands Iran. He thought. He is accused of subverting the Islamic State, which he and the Washington Post vigorously protest. The State Department has called for his immediate release.
- Saeed Abedini a Christian Pastor who converted from Islam, was in Iran to establish an approved orphanage project. He has a wife and 2 young children who languish back home in the U.S. without him. After two months of ‘house arrest’ *(about 60 days of house arrest are included in the number of days above), he was arrested without any further notice. His ‘crime’ was displaying his Christian concern for the people of Iran. He was charged, convicted and sentenced to 8 years as a “threat to Iran’s national security!” After President Obama’s 15-minute telephone call in September, 2013 with Iran’s new ‘moderate’ President Hassan Rouhani, Saeed was transferred to an even worse prison and suffers even more. His health has deteriorated, receives insufficient care and has lost considerable weight. We know because Iranian family members are occasionally able to visit him.
- Amir Hekmati a former U.S. Marine who, after serving 4-years in uniform, was a language and cultural liaison to the U.S. Military in the middle east. He was born and raised in the U.S. and had never visited Iran before. It was his parents’ homeland and he was there to visit two elderly Grandmothers and other family members. He was in Iran about two weeks before he was taken. At first his family was not informed of his whereabouts, but Amir was able to make a cell phone call. Still, however, authorities denied having him. mir was quickly tried and convicted in what a U.N. body called a sham trial. He was sentenced to death as a spy! The Iran Supreme court overruled and ordered a new trial. That was two years ago. No new trial has ever been scheduled.
- Robert “Bob” Levinson is a retired FBI/DEA agent with over 33 years of honorable service. For over 6 1/2 years the U.S. Government, (including the CIA, FBI, POTUS, Senators and Congressmen, knowingly told an untrue story that Bob was on a ‘business trip’ acting as an independent investigator looking into corporate smuggling cases. This is actually something he did after retiring. However, some sharp investigative reporters and a few government employees, namely within the CIA and FBI and White House, knew differently.After what was billed as an ‘Historic Nuclear Agreement’ (it was actually an agreement to talk) with Iran in November 2013, no further details about Mr. Levinson were revealed. Two writers from the Associated Press and Washington Post got the go-ahead from their editors to release a detailed article that was voluntarily held back at the U.S. government’s request for 3 years! (Link to the article here: http://wp.me/p49SUn-5R)With the Bob Levinson case growing cold, the government stuck to the ‘official line’ (lie) about him. They even convinced the family, at first, that Bob had no working relationship with the CIA at the time. The two writers exposed a major internal CIA scandal due to their mishandling of Bob Levinson’s involvement with the CIA. To make it worse, it was all dealt with quietly away from the public eye in closed-door Congressional hearings.Robert Levinson is one of America’s own who served the country well more than 33 years. Unfortunately, as of November 26, 2013 he set the unwanted record of being held hostage longer than any other U.S. citizen: 2,455 days to be exact! Ironically, this was one day after the ‘historic Iran deal’ was signed by John Kerry in Paris.
- Siamak Namazi, age 40, is an American-born businessman and a dual citizen of Iran since his parents are Iranian citizens. The family now lives in Dubai due to increased tensions within Iran in recent years. Siamak has been heavily involved in fostering legal business trade and advocating for better relations between the U.S. and Iran. He was visiting family members in Iran and was well known within Iranian government circles. In July, as the nuclear deal was being finalized in Vienna, the IRGC started bringing him in for intense questioning and barred him from leaving the country. While the exact date of the arrest and charges are unknown, it was learned in late October that he was in solitary confinement at the notorious Evin prison. Until further clarification by the Iranian government, this blog will use October 15, 2015 as the approximate date of Siamak’s arrest. source
That Obama would allow these 5 American citizens to rot in an Iranian jail while at the same time extolling the virtues of his phony nuclear treaty seems to me to be an act of treason all by itself. The fact that the American people will not hold him to be accountable for this is beyond excusable.