Pope Francis opened his first Angelus of the New Year by urging the faithful to join in ‘placing ourselves under the maternal and loving gaze of Mary Most Holy’. The Pope explained that the day’s liturgy celebrates Mary ‘as Mother of God’.
There was a time in my life when I, as an unsaved Roman Catholic, would get on my knees and pray to the ‘virgin Mary’ as I was instructed to do, and ask her to take control of my life. But even as a lost person, that never felt quite right. The preeminence that the Roman Catholic Church gives to Mary in their worship of her, placing her above Jesus Christ, is not only idol worship, it can doom you to an eternal Hell. Then in 1991 I got saved, and with the Holy Spirit inside me, I could then see why this exaltation of Mary is so deadly.
“The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?” Jeremiah 7:18, 19 (KJB)
Pope Francis makes a number of statements that need to be rebuked from the word of God, and here now is that rebuke.
- MARY THE ETERNAL VIRGIN: Nope, Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus according to the scriptures, but she had 6 children after Him. The apostle Mark tells us that “Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.” Mark 6:3 (KJB). Not only that, in the Old Testament, prophesying of the rejection of Jesus by His Jewish brethren we read “I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother’s children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.” Psalm 69:8,9 (KJB)
- ENTRUST YOURSELF TO MARY: Whatever you do, don’t do that, if you entrust yourself to anyone other than Jesus Christ, you will be lost for all eternity. And ‘splitting the difference’ and entrusting yourself to Mary and Jesus won’t work either. Jesus alone is worthy of your trust, and trusting anyone or anything else is idolatry. “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.” Matthew 10:37 (KJB). Nowhere in the bible is there any command, instruction or even an implication that Mary has anything at all to do with our salvation or sanctification. “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2 (KJB)
- MARY OBTAINS PEACE: Pope Francis said that it was his prayer that Mary would “obtain for us from heaven the precious good of peace”, and that is impossible. There is only One Person that is capable of bringing peace to this world, and that is the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 (KJB)
- MARY CANNOT ‘DO ALL THINGS’: By this point, hopefully, you can see the ‘repeating pattern’ of how the Roman Catholic Church takes attributes of Jesus Christ, and gives them to Mary. Pope Francis said that Mary, in Heaven, can ‘do all things’ for us down here on the earth. How exactly is that happening unless Mary is somehow part of the decision-making process of God? News flash, she is not. On earth she answered no prayers, has nothing to say on Pentecost in the Upper Room, and no one ever asked her for advice on anything. I could give you literally a hundred different scriptures showing this to you, but this one should more than suffice. “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:30,31 (KJB)
The Roman Catholic teaching on Mary is something that all Catholics should flee from, as fast as their feet will take them. Mary does not intercede for us to Jesus, her ‘gaze’ as far as your eternal soul goes is meaningless and worthless, and she will not ‘out in a good word’ for you to God based on the ridiculous premise that ‘no son can refuse a request from their mother’. The bible rebukes all such heresy, in both testaments, and you should too, if you believe the bible more than you believe a childless ‘father’ in a fish hat.
Pope at Angelus: Entrust yourselves to Mary for a united world
FROM VATICAN NEW: Pope Francis went on to explain that throughout our journey along the paths of time, “the reassuring and consoling gaze of the Blessed Virgin Mary” is one of encouragement as we entrust our anguish and torment to her, “who can do all things”. Mary looks at us with the same maternal tenderness with which she looked at her son Jesus, and this gaze is “an encouragement”, he said. This gaze, ensures that this time “given to us by the Lord” can be one that is spent “for our human and spiritual growth”, the Pope continued; a time “to iron out hatred and divisions”; “to feel that we are all more brothers and sisters”; “to build and not to destroy” and “to take care of one another and of creation”.
Concluding his New Year Angelus reflection, Pope Francis prayed that the Virgin Mary “obtain for us from heaven the precious good of peace” and expressed his hope that “peace will reign in people’s hearts and families; in places of work and leisure; in communities and nations”.
Finally the Pope wished all the faithful, and everyone throughout the world, “a happy and peaceful 2021: a year filled with confident expectation and hope”. READ MORE
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last Days before the Rapture of the Church
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 15,860+ people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 150,000+ followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 15,900 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page