The full moon will take place Thursday, December 12th, and the instant that the moon is full is 12:12 a.m.
At exactly 12 minutes after midnight tonight, the last full moon of the decade will be overhead, and it will happen at 12:12 AM on 12/12/2019. Not only that, the year 2019, which is 2+0+1+9, adds up to 12 as well! The numerology people must be going crazy today. But, I will admit that such an assortment of twelves in one place makes you think that perhaps there is a deeper significance to it occuring. Then again, it could just be the randomness of ‘time and chance’ swirling things around.
“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” Ecclesiastes 9:11 (KJV)
I was born at exactly 2:21 PM and my mother stayed in room 221, so you would think that the number 21 might have some special significance for me in my life, yet as far as I know, it never has. Sometimes numbers are just really cool and interesting, and sometimes they have incredible importance. So what does the Bible have to say? The number 12 in the Bible pops up in some very important prophetical areas, and I thought it might be fun to take a look.
Some Pretty Important 12’s In Your King James Bible:
- TWELVE PRECEDES REBELLION: The first place of the number 12 in the Bible that’s not a part of a larger number occurs in Genesis 14, the chapter where we see the Battle of the Kings and Abraham meeting Melchizedek, a type of Christ. It is interesting to note that this war being fought by all these kings and their armies is the first global war ever recorded in the Bible. “And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations; That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar. All these were joined together in the vale of Siddim, which is the salt sea. Twelve years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the thirteenth year they rebelled.” Genesis 14:1-4 (KJV)
- ISHMAEL HAD 12 SONS: We all know about the 12 tribes of Israel, but did you also know that founder of Israel’s arch enemy, the Muslims, also had 12 sons by which he begat a kingdom? “And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.” Genesis 17:20 (KJV)
- JACOB HAD 12 SONS: Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel, had 12 sons who became the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. “And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve:” Genesis 35:22 (KJV)
- MOSES FIRST WROTE THE WORDS OF THE LORD: Exodus records that when Moses first began to speak the words of the Lord, and write them down, that he did it in accordance with an altar containing 12 pillars and the 12 tribes of Israel. Connect this with Galatians 2:9 and you will see immediately where this 12 takes you. “And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.” Exodus 24:3,4 (KJV)
- JOSHUA HAD 12 STONES: Joshua commanded the children of Israel to set up 12 stones to commemorate the place there the ark of the covenant stood. Read the whole chapter and see the amazing and prophetical things happening around these 12 stones. “And the children of Israel did so as Joshua commanded, and took up twelve stones out of the midst of Jordan, as the LORD spake unto Joshua, according to the number of the tribes of the children of Israel, and carried them over with them unto the place where they lodged, and laid them down there. And Joshua set up twelve stones in the midst of Jordan, in the place where the feet of the priests which bare the ark of the covenant stood: and they are there unto this day.” Joshua 4:8,9 (KJV)
- JESUS PICKS 12 DISCIPLES: When Jesus started His earthly ministry He picked 12 disciples, one of whom was a devil, that leaves 11. Jesus handpicks Paul after His resurrection and that makes 12 again. (see 1 Corinthians 15:8). Matthias from Acts 1:23 doesn’t count because Jesus didn’t pick him, the apostles did. Jesus picked Paul. “And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.” Matthew 10:1 (KJV)
- THE NUMBER 12 AND HEALING: In Mark 5 we see a woman who had an ‘issue of blood’ going on for 12 years before Jesus healed her, and we see a 12-year old child raised from the dead. “And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,” Mark 5:25 (KJV) and “And straightway the damsel arose, and walked; for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with a great astonishment.” Mark 5:42 (KJV)
- NEW JERUSALEM AND 12: From the gates to the pillars to its massive physical size, New Jerusalem is saturated in the number 12. “And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.” Revelation 21:12-17 (KJV)
There are over 180 places in your King James Bible where the number 12 shows up, but these that I list here give you a really good idea that God really likes the number 12, in fact, I think it is safe to say that He loves the number 12. As you can see, the number 12 is at the bedrock of many of the major things that God does.
Tonight, when the last moon of the decade is full at 12:12 AM on December 12th, 2019, look deeply at it and remind yourself of God’s amazing creation, handiwork and salvation. He could have left you in your sins, you and I deserve Hell and nothing better, but in His mercy He gave us a way out. Praise Him for it.
“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.” Psalm 8:3-5 (KJV)
If you’re saved, meditate on all the amazing 12’s I just showed you, especially the ones connected to New Jerusalem which are the mansions from John 14 that Jesus promises to build for us. If you’re not saved, get saved, and think of what a great testimony it will be to tell people you got saved under a full moon at 12:12 on 12/12!
This Is How Lost People Are Looking At Tonight’s Moon
Before I got saved, I was deeply into the New Age and occult practices. This video below shows you how New Age people are viewing tonight’s full moon. If you believe any of these things to be true, or if any of these things like Angel Cards are used in your church, run, because you are caught in the occult.
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last days before the Rapture of the Church
- HOW TO DONATE:Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 13,131 people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 151,781 followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 14,500 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page