THE 3RD ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL TEMPLE MOUNT AWARENESS DAY
RELATED STORY: The Coming 3rd Jewish Temple…
On March 25th, the second day of the month of Nisan, the first of our months, from 5 PM – 11 PM, Israel time, (11 AM – 5 PM Eastern; 10 AM – 4 PM Central; 9 AM – 3 PM Mountain; 8 AM – 2 PM Pacific),
The International Department of the Temple Institute will be hosting our Third Annual International Temple Mount Awareness Day Online Six Hour Streaming Video Happening! Our guests will include:
- Moshe Feiglin, head of the Manhigut Yehudit, (Jewish Leadership) Faction of the ruling Likud party, and Temple Mount loyalist. Moshe will be focusing on the issue of Temple Mout Activism and the potential for parliamentary legislation to ensure Jewish rights to prayer on the Temple Mount.
- Beloved and highly esteemed Kohen, Torah scholar and author, Rabbi Nachman Kahana. Rabbi Kahana will be sharing his spiritual insights on the Holy Temple and the Temple Mount from a Torah perspective and drawing upon his own personal connection as a kohen.
- Yisrael Medad, Director of Educational Programming and Information resources at the Menachem Begin Heritage Center, and veteran Temple Mount activist. Yisrael will be discussing the role of the media in depicting Temple Mount activism and the struggle to achieve Jewish freedom of worship on the Temple Mount, as guaranteeed by Israeli law.
- Live musical entertainment provided by Yehudah Katz and his band! Yehudah and his four piece band will provide an hour long “half-time” celebration of song and Temple insight, as well as short musical vignettes throughout the happening.
- Hillel Richman and Frankie Snyder, senior staff members of the Temple Mount Sifting Project will lead an archaeological exploration of the exciting Temple Mount and Holy Temple related discoveries of the past year. Personally involved with the discovery of the most significant archaeological finds from the Temple Mount to date, Hillel and Frankie will be sharing their insights and experiences.
- Tziporra Felitz, guide and organizer of women’s ascent to the Temple Mount. Tziporra, a pioneer and leader of the burgeoning presence of women on the Temple Mount, will be sharing her unique perspectives on the Temple Mount and on the future of Temple Mount aliya.
- Rabbi Mois Navon from Ptil Tekhelet organization, manufacturers of the biblical blue techelet dye, used in tzitziyot, (ritual fringes), and priestly garments. Mois will be decribing the colorful history oftechelet from antiquity to the contemporary reestablishment of the venerated techelet industry.
Why March 25th?
Rosh Chodesh, the first day of the Hebrew month of Nisan, falls on Shabbat this year, so the activities are being held on Sunday, March 25th, the 2nd of Nisan. This day was chosen as International Temple Mount Awareness Day because it is the anniversary of the dedication of the Tabernacle, and the first day of the Divine service; it is a day which is inexorably bound up with the concept of the Holy Temple and all that it means for the world.
The live stream Temple Mount broadcast, which will take place in consideration of the viewing times in the USA, includes something for everyone. It is a joyous celebration of Temple consciousness and renewal, and its segments include serious scholarship, political activism, scientific research, and beautiful music…a veritable festival that will open a window onto the multi-faceted world of the Temple Mount and the promise of the Holy Temple. source – Temple Institute