A New Jersey school district is apologizing after a substitute teacher told first grade students Santa Claus isn’t real. In a letter to parents, Cedar Hill School Principal Michael Raj, in Montville, said once he became aware of the situation, he “immediately” spoke to the substitute teacher about “her poor judgment.”
Santa Claus has nothing to do with a holiday dedicated to celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem, Israel, over 2,000 years ago. What if I came to your birthday party, pretended to be you, opened all your presents and then blew out the candles on your cake? Would that be OK? I don’t think it would.
“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.” 2 Peter 1:16 (KJV)
Santa Claus is a Roman Catholic invention, (why else do you think he is called Saint Nick?), and one designed to get your eyes off of Jesus Christ. We do a grave disservice to our children when we tell them to put their trust and faith in someone who is not real, instead of telling them to trust The One who can save their eternal soul.
I don’t know anything about this teacher, or why she revealed the truth about Santa to her students. But I do know this. She got reprimanded for exposing the Santa Claus lie, but she would have gotten led out of the building by armed guards and fired on the spot if she had told them the truth about Jesus Christ.
Substitute Teacher Tells First Grade Students Santa Isn’t Real
FROM NEWS 9: “I am sending this letter so that you are aware of the situation and if the conversation comes up at home over the next few days you can take appropriate steps to maintain the childhood innocence of the holiday season,” Raj added.
He then apologized to parents, saying as a parent himself, he is “truly aware of the sensitive nature” of the announcement. Lisa Simek, an upset parent, said the teacher told students Santa isn’t real and parents “just buy presents and put them under their tree.”
Simek said the teacher also tried to ruin the spirit of other holidays. “She told them reindeer can’t fly and elves are not real and elf on the shelf is just a pretend doll that your parents move around,” Simek wrote on Facebook.
“She did not even stop there: the tooth fairy is not real because mom or dad just sneak into your room in the middle of the night and put money under your pillow, same goes for the Easter bunny. She told them magic does not exist. There is no such thing as magic anything,” Simek wrote.
Montville Schools Superintendent Rene Rovtar issued a statement saying she was “troubled” and “disheartened” by the incident. “The childhood wonder associated with all holidays and traditions is something I personally hold near and dear in my own heart,” Rovtar said.
Administrators didn’t release the teacher’s name and haven’t said if she would continue to teach in the district. Simek, though, had sympathy for the teacher. “Moral of the story: Just be kind,” she wrote. “When in doubt, Always choose being kind, and you will always be in the right.” READ MORE
PERHAPS YOU’VE NEVER THOUGHT OF IT, BUT PLEASE NOTE HOW SATAN ROBS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST OF HIS GLORY BY SPREADING THE SANTA CLAUS TRADITION:
- SANTA IS ETERNAL: Santa is presented as someone who was always there and will always be there. That is not a human attribute.
- JESUS CHRIST IS ETERNAL: “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8 (KJV)
- SANTA LIVES IN THE NORTH: Tradition holds that Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, a place ABOVE the rest of us.
- JESUS CHRIST LIVES IN THE NORTH: “Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.” Psalm 48:2 (KJV)
- SANTA WEARS RED CLOTHING: Santa wears a red suit mixed with white, Jesus wears white mixed with red.
- JESUS CHRIST WEARS RED CLOTHING: “And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” Revelation 19:13 (KJV)
- SANTA HAS WHITE HAIR: Santa is always pictured as an old man with white hair like wool.
- JESUS CHRIST HAS WHITE HAIR: “His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;” Revelation 1:14 (KJV)
- SANTA FLIES AROUND GIVING GIFTS: Santa has the ability to defy the laws of gravity and fly around giving gifts to people.
- JESUS CHRIST ASCENDED AND GAVE GIFTS UNTO MEN: “But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.” Ephesians 4:7-8 (KJV)
- SANTA HAS SPIRIT HELPERS CALLED ELVES: Webster, 1828: “ELF…a spirit, the night-mar; a ghost, hag, witch”
- JESUS CHRIST HAS SPIRIT HELPERS CALLED ANGELS: “Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.” Matthew 4:11 (KJV)
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last days before the Rapture of the Church
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the building of the recording studio, but it also goes to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 12,621 people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 151,781 followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 13,600 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page