Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Democratic Socialists brigade wants to turn New York City far-left — from the ground up. The Democratic Socialists of America-NYC is pushing to put up or back a slate of City Council candidates that if elected would create a “socialist caucus.”
The Democratic Socialists of America are rising in power and influence as Congresswoman Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez is not only a member but throwing congressional support behind them as well. They have set their sights on rapidly crumbling New York City, the newest third world nation, and if New Yorkers are careless with their votes this year, they just may get it.
Saul Alinsky has been dead and burning the the flames of Hell since 1972, but his dream of the Marxist takeover he fantasied about in ‘Rules For Radicals’ is now beginning to come true. ‘Rules For Radicals’ is a scary book, and in a different but equally chilling way, so is George Orwell’s ‘1984’. Separately they show the result of when anarchy comes into power, but together they show a future from which there is no coming back. These books are now merging before our very eyes, and I’ve read through to the last pages, it doesn’t end well.
AOC-backed socialists have a plan to take over New York City
FROM NY POST: The overwhelmingly Democratic council is vulnerable next year to the left-of-left push as 35 out of 51 council seats up for grabs due to term-limits. Only 16 council members can run for re-election.
The strategy is all detailed in a 13-page “tasks and perspectives” strategic planning document that will be reviewed by DSA members this week. A litmus test for candidates to obtain the DSA endorsement is a pledge to “defund” the NYPD — slashing the police budget by $3 billion or 50 percent.
“This campaign will be a key issue in the 2021 election cycle. NYC-DSA has already committed to making the call to defund the NYPD a central matter in its City Council endorsements and the socialist caucus it aims to build in advance of the 2022 budget,” the DSA steering committee plan says.
The DSA document complains that the already liberal Council and mayor this year “merely moved [NYPD] money around” when they adopted the current budget following protests over the deaths of unarmed black men during interactions with police, including George Floyd in Minneapolis.
The savings from the police cuts could be used to prevent the layoffs of teachers, EMTs and firefighters or fund youth and social service programs to attack the root causes of crime, the DSA. said. DSA-member AOC has become the face of the Democratic Socialists movement in Congress and a national voice on the far left in American politics following her stunning victory over veteran congressman Joe Crowley in 2018. Her upset also forced Crowley to resign as chairman of the Queens Democratic Party.
The DSA said it intends to exploit the misery triggered by the coronavirus pandemic to woo support for other aspects of its agenda:
- Eager to confront Gov. Andrew Cuomo and push the state Legislature to tax the rich to help fund the Green New Deal and New York Health Act, legislation that would create a government-run, single-payer health insurance system and to prevent state cuts in public services. “In the face of an austerity budget, many of our campaigns will lend their weight to a demand on the state government to tax the rich, putting us directly in the cross hairs of Andrew Cuomo. We welcome his hatred. Remaining resolute now is the time to expand the public sector, to provide social housing, public power [energy/utility supplier]….,” the plan says.
- Using the COVID-related housing crisis to “cancel” rent, thus squeezing landlords of revenue and forcing them to give up their properties and “exit the market” — and having the state acquire the properties and convert it to public housing. Its housing agenda also includes “undermining” the real estate industry’s already diminished clout in the Democratic-run state Legislature.
- DSA-backed candidates won five Democratic primaries for state legislative seats in June, four of its insurgents ousting incumbents. The document says incumbents’ “fear of being primaried” should make them more “accountable” or amenable to backing DSA priorities.
- Increasing the DSA presence in three of the city’s largest public employee unions — District Council 37, United Federation of Teachers and the NYS Nurses’ Association.
- Establishing deeper ties to the city’s working class, minority neighborhoods.
Meanwhile, other leftist groups and unions are joining forces to try to flex influence in the City Council. Politico reported that the powerful SEIU 1199 health care workers union has formed an alliance with the political wings of activist groups Make the Road New York and Community Voices Heard to endorse a slate of Council candidates. It is unclear whether DSA and the triumvirate will back the same candidates in the Council Democratic primaries that will be held in June 2021. READ MORE
George Orwell and 1984: How Freedom Dies
Why Democratic Socialism Is Gaining Popularity In The US
Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last Days before the Rapture of the Church
- HOW TO DONATE:Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing.
But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 15,860+ people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 150,000+ followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 15,900 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)
“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB
- HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page