Israel under attack
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” Psalm 121:4
From IDF: An overall total of 30 rockets fired just today from the Gaza Strip struck major population centers in southern Israel. More than 500,000 Israelis are forced to stay in bomb shelters.
Terrorists are firing Qassam rockets, Grad missiles and mortar shells into the cities of Ashdod, Be’ersheba, Yavne, Netivot and Ashkelon; as well as into the Eshkol Regional Council.
- 17:30 – IAF aircraft targeted two members of the Popular Resistance Committee terror organization in the Gaza Strip – a senior operative, Zuhir Mussah Ahmed Kaisi, and a collaborator, Mahmud Ahmed Mahmud Hananni. The squad had been responsible for planning a combined terror attack that was to take place via Sinai in the coming days. A direct hit was confirmed.
- 20:00 – Earlier today, IAF aircraft thwarted two terrorist squads from firing rockets at Israel from the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
- 22:20 – The Iron Dome System has intercepted so far one of three rockets aimed at Ashdod and four of four rockets aimed at Be’ersheba–two cities with a population of more than 200,000 each.
- 23:00 – Four people were injured today; two severely, one moderately, and another lightly.
Over the course of 2011, more than 600 rockets launched from the Gaza Strip struck southern Israel. One million Israelis are sleeping tonight under the threat of rocket fire from Hamas.
- The IDF does not seek an escalation in the region. However, the IDF is prepared to defend the residents of Israel and will respond with strength and determination against any attempt to execute terrorist attacks.
- Hamas uses other terror organizations to carry out terror attacks against the State of Israel and will bear the consequences of these actions in any future operation embarked upon by the IDF in order to eliminate the terror threat and restore the relative calm to the area. source – IDF