Iran’s Revolutionary Guard launched six ballistic missiles as well as drone bombers early Monday toward eastern Syria, targeting militants it blamed for an attack on a military parade last month while also threatening regional adversaries as Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers unravels.
Seemingly intent on provoking America in general and President Trump in particular, Iran launched a missile barrage on militants in Syria earlier today. This was the third time this year that the Iranian military has fired ballistic missiles beyond their own borders.
6 days ago at the UN, President Trump delivered a blistering speech against the ongoing scope creep of globalism as well as against the Iran terror state.
FROM YAHOO NEWS: Monday’s strike was the second missile attack by Iran in a month’s time, and came as tensions rise ahead of renewed U.S. sanctions targeting Tehran’s oil industry that will take effect in early November. The missiles had enough range to strike regional U.S. military bases and targets inside both Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
One missile shown on Iranian state television bore the slogans “Death to America, Death to Israel, Death to Al Saud.”
Iran’s supreme leader has called out the two Arab nations by name, accusing them of being behind the Sept. 22 attack on the parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz, something denied by both Riyadh and Abu Dhabi.
“This is the roaring of missiles belonging to the Revolutionary Guard of the Islamic Revolution,” a state TV reporter said as the Revolutionary Guard missiles launched behind him. “In a few minutes, the world of arrogance — especially America, the (Israeli) Zionist regime and the Al Saud — will hear the sound of Iran’s repeated blows.” Al Saud is a reference to Saudi Arabia’s royal family.
Strong explosions shook the area early Monday, reverberating east of the Euphrates River, he said. U.S.-allied Kurdish fighters have been battling IS in and around Hajin for weeks.
The U.S. military’s Central Command acknowledged that Iranian forces conducted “no-notice strikes” in the area.
“The coalition is still assessing if any damage occurred, and no coalition forces were in danger,” U.S. Army Col. Sean Ryan said. READ MORE