DIRECT HIT: Iran Shoots Down US ‘Spy’ Drone And IRGC Says It’s ‘Ready For War’ As Tensions In Persian Gulf Finally Seem Ready To Erupt

Speaking on Iranian state television, he said this morning's incident sends a “clear message” to the US while issuing a threat to the country's "enemies". General Salami said: "We warn enemies of any aggression at this stage and assure them that we can reach them wherever they are." IRNA, citing the paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, identified the drone as an RQ-4 Global Hawk - an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) which can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours.
SHARE THIS IMPORTANT NTEB ARTICLE:

IRAN says it’s “ready for war” after shooting down a US “spy” drone today as tensions continue to rise in the Persian Gulf. The Islamic Republic’s state-run IRNA news agency has insisted the country’s Revolutionary Guard hit the drone when it flew over Iran in a “clear message” to Washington.

For many weeks now, the United States has been shipping tons of ships, planes and troops to the Middle East with the Pentagon warning that Iran was getting ready to do something. Well, today Iran did just that. They are claiming to have successfully shot down a United States ‘spy’ drone saying that their ‘airspace is a red line’ and will not be violated. All this brings us to a very interesting position.

If President Trump and the Pentagon have indeed been ‘itching for war’ as the Democrats have been saying, Iran just handed them their opportunity on the proverbial silver platter. But so far, no word from Washington about the downing of the drone other than admitting that it did indeed happen. Now we’re about to see who really wants war and who does not. But make no mistake about it, Iran’s actions are a harsh provocation to the United States, and it’s not fathomable that this action will go unpunished.

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’ after shooting down US drone as Middle East tensions rise

FROM THE UK SUN:  But the US military has challenged these claims saying the drone was gunned down in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian surface-to-air missile Earlier, Navy Captain Bill Urban, of America’s Central Command, said: “No US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace today.”

The RQ-4 Global Hawk, a US military drone, can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours

The RQ-4 Global Hawk, a US military drone, can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours is what Iran shot down today

IRNA, citing the paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, identified the drone as an RQ-4 Global Hawk – an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) which can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours.

SPY DRONE ‘SHOT DOWN’

The drones can gather near-real-time, high-resolution imagery of large areas of land in all types of weather, its makers Northrop Grumman says. IRNA had earlier claimed the drone entered Iranian airspace near the Kouhmobarak district in southern Iran’s Hormozgan province. The reported shoot-down comes amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington.

In recent days, the US confirmed an attempt by Iran to shoot down an American drone last week as well as a successful destruction of one on June 6 by Iran-aligned Houthi forces in Yemen Earlier this week, the US announced plans to deploy more than 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East following bomb attacks on two oil tankers.

Photos released by the Pentagon appear to prove Iran’s Revolutionary Guard were behind the bomb attacks on the tankers in the Gulf of Oman. Acting Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan announced the deployment for what he said were “defensive purposes” citing concerns about a threat from Iran.

TENSIONS RISE

He said the “recent Iranian attacks validate the reliable, credible intelligence we have received on hostile behaviour by Iranian forces and their proxy groups” towards America.

The new images, many taken from a Navy helicopter, show what the Pentagon said were Iranian forces removing an unexploded mine from the side of the Kokuka Courageous tanker. Other photos show a large hole on the side of the Japanese-owned ship, above the water line, that officials say appears to have been caused by another similar mine.

The vessel is believed to have been targeted by a magnetic mine causing a series of massive explosions. Both it and the Front Altair burst into flames and were forced to evacuate the troubled region.

Iran has denied any involvement in the explosions. It comes as US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the United States is “considering a full range of options” after the attacks.

“We have briefed the President a couple of times, we’ll continue to keep him updated,” he said. “We are confident that we can take a set of actions that can restore deterrence which is our mission set,” Pompeo said in an interview on CBS’s Face The Nation.

When questioned if a military response was one of the options, Pompeo responded: “Of course.” READ MORE

US military says Iran shoot down of its drone was “unprovoked attack”

The U.S. military confirmed on Thursday that one of its drones was shot down but said the incident took place in international airspace, challenging Iran’s account that the U.S. aircraft had been flying over Iranian territory.

“Iranian reports that the aircraft was over Iran are false,” said Navy Captain Bill Urban, a spokesman for the U.S. military’s Central Command. “This was an unprovoked attack on a U.S. surveillance asset in international airspace.” READ MORE

Did Iran Use Fake Photo To ‘Prove’ Drone Was Over Its Territory?

State-run IRNA news agency shared an image of a damaged drone falling to Earth to illustrate its report. But in a shocking twist it subsequently emerged that the same image – albeit in a wider crop – was previously used on a report of a drone being shot down over Yemen two years ago.

When revealing Iran had shot down the drone, the country’s state-run IRNA news agency released a picture of an aircraft appearing to spiral towards Earth. It claimed the image showed a RQ-4 Global Hawk, a US military drone, being blasted out the sky over Iranian territory.

However the same photograph – albeit in a wider crop – had previously appeared in a two-year-old report of a spy drone being shot down over Yemen in 2017.

That report quoted Yemeni military sources as saying it showed an American MQ 9 drone falling to Earth near the country’s capital Sanaa – and included pictures of the crashed drone burning on the ground.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether Iran mistakenly shared the old image or whether it was a deliberate attempt at spreading misinformation. Questions over the image come just days after the US announced plans to deploy more than 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East following bomb attacks on two oil tankers. READ MORE

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard shoots down US drone

The US says an Iranian surface-to-air missile shot down one of its military drones in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz. It’s believed the drone was being used for high-altitude surveillance This comes hours after Iran’s Revolutionary Guard made a similar announcement.

Iran-US tensions: “The shooting down of an American drone is a clear message to Washington”

Now The End Begins is your front line defense against the rising tide of darkness in the last days before the Rapture of the Church

HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page

When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall daily operations of this site. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like gospel tracts but cannot afford them, we send them a box at no cost to them for either the tracts or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa. We even restarted our weekly radio Bible study on Sunday nights again, thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing.

nteb-gospel-tracts-street-preaching-end-time-last-days-bible-prophecy-dl-moody

CLICK IMAGE TO ORDER YOUR BOX OF NTEB GOSPEL TRACTS

But whatever you do, don’t do nothing. Time is short and we need your help right now. If every one of the 12,832 people on our daily mailing list gave $4.50, we would reach our goal immediately. If every one of our 151,781 followers on Facebook gave $1.00 each, we would reach 300% of our goal. The same goes for our 14,000 followers on Twitter. But sadly, many will not give, so we need the ones who can and who will give to be generous. As generous as possible.

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;” Titus 2:13 (KJV)

“Thank you very much!” – Geoffrey, editor-in-chief, NTEB

HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page

 


 

 

 

NTEB is run by end times author and editor-in-chief Geoffrey Grider. Geoffrey runs a successful web design company, and is a full-time minister of the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. In addition to running NOW THE END BEGINS, he has a dynamic street preaching outreach and tract ministry team in Saint Augustine, FL.
SUBSCRIBE NOW

End times Bible prophecy news happens fast, add your email now to get our latest articles sent to your inbox in real-time.

Join 13,440 other subscribers

SUPPORT NTEB

24 hours a day, seven days per week, Now The End Begins keeps you informed of what's happening around the world as it relates to the end times and Bible prophecy. Your generous non-tax deductible contribution helps us to do that. Thank you in advance for your much-needed support.

NTEB BIBLE STUDY