Many people are very upset at how Invisible Children Inc has been using the Joseph Kony Saga to cause sensationalism, so as to create a way for them to collect more money in donations and enrich themselves.
The more money they collect, the more these Invisible Children executives pay themselves hefty bonuses. Base salary for Invisible Children exec is about $85, 0000. When allowances and bonuses are added, these guys make over $160,000 a year. Just think what this money they lavish themselves with, could do for the people in Africa for whom they claim to be collecting donations for.
Invisible Children Inc does NOT have an Independent and external Auditor. Their Financial Statements as submitted to the Charity Navigator web site cannot be independently verified. It should be assumed to be a cooked financial statement since it was submitted by their in house Auditor and can not be substantiated by a third party.
Invisible Children Inc Executives have retained expensive Lawyers and in the past have been threatening libel suits to any one who dares to question their financial operations or their ethical legitimacy. They have also used your donation money to hire expensive Washington lobbyists to influence policies to suit their objectives. There close social relationships with African Oppressive regimes have also ensured that they have been protected and shrouded in biased and lopsided misinformation for years.
For the last 2 years less than 10% of funds collected by Invisible Children are sent to the Ground to help the Ugandan Children. Previous to that, less than 30% of the money they collected was sent to Uganda to help the Ugandan People. A preliminary survey of all projects and activity on the ground in Uganda to help the Uganda Children does not even total up to $1.5 Million of the $13 Million they have collected in donations so far.
The Executives of Invisible Children have used the ‘Invisible Children Inc’ Charity to farther their own Careers in Media, Film and Music. Before Invisible Children Inc started, the Executive directors where Media arts students who went to Africa to look for project to farther their careers. They first went to Southern Sudan on a hit and miss venture and by just by chance they went farther south and stumbled upon the conflict in Northern Uganda. Since then they have capitalized on the Uganda -Joseph Kony War to spear head their media, film and music careers. They have also become stinky rich and drive in fancy cars and live in fancy houses with your donation money.
Now in 2012, Invisible Children has created this STOP Kony 2012 viral video campaign to mislead people that they are collecting money to help catch Joseph Kony? The LRA Joseph Kony war, that they talk about in their video has ended over 3 years ago. Joseph Kony has not been seen or heard from, for the last two years and is actually believed to be dead. The United Nations however has reported that villages in Central Africa have recently been raided and people killed by thugs believed to be the LRA soldiers of Joseph Kony.
What many people do not kow, is that over 5 months ago, the USA Government had already sent 100 combat marine soldiers to Uganda and Central Africa to catch Joseph Kony. These Marines are co-coordinating their efforts with the armies of Uganda, DR Congo, South Sudan, and Central African Republic in an effort to Catch Kony. How is the Money you donate going to be used help catch Joseph Kony? Does Invisible Children have an Army in Africa that they are collecting this money to equip for a mission to catch kony? On invisible children’s donate website, they write that; “To bring home Joseph Kony’s child soldiers, it will take an army of individuals making a monthly commitment through TRI contributions” Is the Money you donate to Invisible Children and Kony2012 being given to the United States Government to capture Kony? Off course Not. Will the Money be sent to Africa to Help the African Poor People? Yes only only less than 10%. So what will Invisible Children do with the rest of the 90% of your money? Think about it!
Besides the viral Video of kony2012 contains recycled materials outdated six years ago. The Ugandan kids you see in those Videos are already over 21 years and are currently struggling in Uganda to continue with their lives while, Invisible Children is still Sensationalizing them for their own personal gains. The information in the kony2012 Viral video is half untrue, t is misleading, biased and completely out dated.
The Viral Youtube ‘Invisible Children’ Video does not focus on helping Ugandan children but rather on showcasing the media skills of the video maker. If you want to Donate Money to help Children In Uganda, You are better off donating your money to any of the many Charity Organizations that deal directly with helping people. Do NOT waste your money and donate to Invisible Children. source – KONY2012