Catholics are taught to “pray to the Blessed Mother” for leading and guidance in their daily lives, yet incredibly the real-life Mary never advised anyone on anything. When she attempted, one time, to give her opinion, Jesus instantly rebuked her
“Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.” Matthew 1:18 (KJV)
Almost 1,900 years after the birth of the biblical Mary, the Roman Catholic Church declared some startling and amazing things about her. Not the least of which was the blasphemous and heretical notion that she was born sinless.
“The Fathers of the Eastern tradition call the Mother of God “the All-Holy” (Panagia), and celebrate her as “free from any stain of sin, as though fashioned by the Holy Spirit and formed as a new creature”. By the grace of God Mary remained free of every personal sin her whole life long.” Catechism of the Catholic Church
This idea was unknown to any writer in the New Testament which clearly states that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” in the book of Romans. Yet the idea of a “sinless Mary” forms the basis of Catholicism. Why else do you think that when Catholics “pray the rosary”, they say 10 “Hail Marys” to every one “Our Father”?
If Mary was, as the Vatican asserts, “fashioned by the Holy Spirit” and then “kept free from all sin”, then the birth of Jesus is not so special after all. Mary kinda beats Jesus to the punch, wouldn’t you say? But then, stealing the glory from Jesus Christ is really what the Roman Catholic “Mary” was invented to do.
Things you were taught about Mary that are not supported in the Bible:
- Mary was not sinless: After the birth of Jesus, Mary went to the Temple to make an atonement for her personal sin according to the Law of Moses. Sinless people don’t need to make sacrifices, Jesus never made one, He was one. Vatican teaching answers this by saying that Mary just made that unnecessary sacrifice because she “was humble”. Well, if she was sinless and pretended to have sin and make a phony sacrifice, that’s not humility, that’s a lie. And lying is a sin, so you do the math. “And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.” Luke 2:22-24 (KJV)
- Mary never consulted on anything ever: Catholics are taught to “pray to the Blessed Mother” for leading and guidance in their daily lives, yet incredibly the real-life Mary never advised anyone on anything. When she attempted, one time, to give her opinion, Jesus instantly rebuked her. “And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there: And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.” John 2:1-4 (KJV)
- Mary had no voice in the early Church: If Mary was indeed the miracle-working super saint that the Vatican claims she is, like all the apostles actually were, then the time for her to “show her stuff” would have been on the day of Pentecost, right? Think about it, the prophecies of Joel had started to come to pass, the apostles were having dreams, visions, signs, wonders and tongues…but where was Mary? She was with the other women, NOT “above the other women”, and simply one of the saints the Bible records as praying to the Lord. Please note that no one in the Church as it was being formed prayed to her, or even recorded that she even had anything to say. What a shocking contrast to the all-knowing, prayer-answering, floating apparition “Blessed Virgin” of the Catholic Church. “These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.” Acts 1:14 (KJV)
- Mary had other children: If you take away the perpetual virginity of Mary, then the bulk of all Catholic doctrine built around her collapses. And this is exactly what the King James Bible does so you won’t be confused about the matter. Not only that, Mark gives you the NAMES of the four half-brothers of Jesus! These are not “cousins” as the Vatican pathetically asserts, these are others brothers from the SAME mother. Mark also said there were sisters, so that makes a minimum of 6 kids born to Mary and Joseph during the time she was a “perpetual virgin” Hmm…“And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.” Mark 6:2-4 (KJV)
- Mary’s role as Jesus’ mother ends at the cross: In His final moments on the cross, Jesus makes a very anti-Catholic statement. He tells Mary that she is no longer His mother, as the soon-to-be-risen Saviour is “from everlasting” and needs no mother. Jesus feels so strongly about the transfer that it’s recorded with two of the very rare exclamation points in Scripture. Instead of “promoting” Mary to lead the guide the new Church, He lets us know she has no active role in the Church other than simply being a good role model for other women of like faith. “Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.” John 19:25-27 (KJV)
- Mary is never called the ‘mother of God’: The Roman Catholic “Hail Mary” prayer is loosely based on the biblical account of the angel Gabriel appearing to her, but with plenty of embellishment thrown in for good measure. She is NEVER called the “mother of God” one time ever, this is a complete invention of the Vatican. In fact, the Bible goes one step further with Gabriel not even referring to her as the “mother of Jesus”, but calls Him the Son of God. “And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.” Luke 1:35 (KJV)
- Mary is not the woman in Revelation 12: The Vatican teaches that Mary is the woman in Revelation 12 with the “12 stars” around her head, but nothing could be further from the truth. The woman in Revelation 12 is the nation of Israel to whom the Saviour was born, and that “woman” flees” into the red rock city of Selah Petra to escape Antichrist in the time of Jacob’s trouble. “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.” Revelation 12:1,2 (KJV)
If you are a Roman Catholic reading this now (I did not say ‘Catholic christian’ because there is no such thing) as I was for 30 years, why don’t you use your brain and think for a moment? the Vatican makes these outrageous claims about Mary, but NONE of them are found in the Bible. Where are they found? In the writings of the Catholic Church 1,500 later.
This is why the Roman Catholic Church does not have the Bible as its sole authority, because the Bible is against what they teach as I have shown you above. The King James Bible actively contradicts official Vatican teaching in dozens and dozens of places regarding Mary.
Don’t believe the lies of the Catholic Church:
Did you know that the Catholic Church teaches that the very first apparition of Mary was while she was still alive? Incredible but true, that’s official Vatican teaching.
The real Mary in the Bible was a sweet and sanctified young lady who loved the LORD with all her heart, and accepted the awesome task given her. But she was born in the image of Adam and Eve, as we all were, and acknowledged Jesus as her Saviour. Sinless people have no need of a Saviour, just as well people have no need of a doctor.
“And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.” Luke 1:47 (KJV)
The real Mary in the Bible performed no miracles, there is no record of her advising anyone or anyone seeking her advice. Have you ever wondered about that? None of the astonishing things the Catholic Church attributes to Mary are never once found in the Bible. The real Mary in the Bible would be horrified if she knew what was being taught falsely about her.
“For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” 1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)
The real Mary in the Bible was a saved sinner who needed a Saviour just like anyone else who ever lives. Don’t pray to her, don’t ask her advice, worship Jesus instead.
“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” Hebrews 9:28 (KJV)